This month we are playing a game at our house we like to call THE GAME OF THROWS.
Yes, we are sinking considerable effort into the epic story of family control of blankets and pillows and the coveted position of power atop our ‘Iron Throne’ aka the couch.
Our depiction has all the characters of a compelling drama —
- A Yard Ape (the pillow squisher),
- A Princess (plant hoarder/wine drinker and all around exceptional person),
- A Shady Character ( our renegade offspring) aka the mind bender and plot twister,
- The Very Bestest Dog in the Whole Wide World ( she’s a bit of a manipulator – look at these cute eyes!) aka Suzy,
- Furry Creature 1 (he’s an orange devil who has a thing for making our re-usable grocery totes his girlfriends). Aka Gus,
- Hairy Creature 2 (he’s black and gorgeous, but dumb as a post). Aka Diesel.
In yesterday’s post I’M CHLOROFEELING FINE, I confessed my passion for plants and …umm Champagne.
With our Botanical abundance of 124 plants in the decor, I wanted to style the interior and furnishings to match the theme.
Which brings me to another passion…vintage blankets, napkins and tablecloths and … umm thrifting.
I have tons of pieces these days, and it’s as simple as ‘shopping’ my stash of stuff. I picked navy blue, mallard green and gray for Winter 2018 as the colour palette to compliment the plants and antiques.
The only thing missing is my decorating adage of ‘must add velvet.’ I’m currently pondering how to implement a lovely piece of navy velvet material I picked up last winter. I’m thinking pillows. What would you suggest?
I always refer to decorating, moving plants and vintage piece around as the adult version of playing house. I love creating vignettes almost as much as I love …umm plants and …umm Champagne.
It all fun & games until we realized that our cat Gus, looks like Donald Trump.
You can never come back from there.
Or can you?
Oh, I almost forgot. I’m listening to Apple Music – Chill Mix.